Saturday, April 20, 2013

His First Email Home

We finally heard from Joe through email this morning. He seriously seems so happy and I couldn't be more thrilled for how much he has learned already! He is so awesome and I look up to him so much! I cant wait to hear again from him. I am taking from two different emails that were sent so some things might be briefly repeated...

"Yesterday, me and my companion (Elder Olsen) had to teach our first whole lesson to an investigator in espanol and it was only our second day! It was way hard! and went terribly haha But all the Elders who have been here longer said that everybodys first lesson sucks and that our teachers know that we are gunna suck and they just do it to humble us.. I was for sure Humbled haha Today we are teaching another lesson to the same investigator. We are praying this one will go better haha They speak spanish constantly. Barely any english is spoken in our classroom because it is supposed to help us learn through hearing it spoken all the time. I think it really works...
The bed isnt too bad.. I mean its kinda hard but i sleep really well here. i actually really like going to bed at 10:30 and waking up at 6:30. I feel like i got a whole lot more accomplished at the end of the day. My MTC companions name is Elder Olsen and he is actually way cool!...we are very much alike actually. Hes gunna be a good friend I can already tell. The food here is not that great.. but there are some healthier options here and there and i am able to workout every day."
"I am not able to upload photos here at the mtc so you will have to wait 6 weeks! haha lo siento. I dont have much time and i have a ton of emails! so ill just say i love the mtc and its going great! Im almost a [mexican] already! haha my companion is way cool and the food sucks! I miss you guys so much and i pray about you and for you everyday. Pray for me please. It is great here but it is still hard for me. Yo te amo mucho hermana. tell clayton i said i love him. and if i dont have enough time to email everyone tell  them what i just said to you :) verdad?
Love Elder Brinkerhoff"

Bummer we wont be getting pictures any time soon but hearing from Joe seriously is the best! He loves every one and the support he is receiving! Please send him letters! Keep praying for him! He truly is such an amazing missionary already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment